MBBS in Russia has become a very famous place for International students for medical education. Every year, approximately 8,000+ Indian students, who take admission in Russia for MBBS course. Moreover Russia is a land of medical experts for decades, and it is worth considering studying medicine because of uncountable reasons.
MBBS in Russia will offer the medical aspirants, plenty of opportunities’ to rise as an excellent doctor. Russia is high –end teaching standards. Furthermore it is well – equipped hospitals with tertiary care units. To study MBBS in Russia is one of best decisions for students because almost all Russian universities are Government recognized and are listed in the World Health Organization (WHO), and Medical Council of India (MCI).
Table of Contents
- 1 Why to choose Study MBBS in Russia
- 2 Study MBBS in Russia for Indian Students
- 3 is mbbs degree from Russia Valid in India
- 4 Admission Process to Study medicine in Russia
- 4.1 Medium Of Instruction
- 4.2 Is Russia A Good Country To Study Mbbs
- 4.3 Career Option After Completing Mbbs In Russia
- 4.4 Mbbs In India V/s Mbbs In Russia
- 4.5 MBBS in Russia Hostel and Food Facilities
- 4.6 Is it safe to study MBBS in Russia?
- 4.7 MCI / FMGE Passing Percentage In Russia
- 4.8 Frequently Asked Question
Why to choose Study MBBS in Russia
- MBBS in Russia is to get the practical exposure.
- Approx. all Medical Universities are government recognized and are listed in World Health Organisation (WHO), and Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Affordable fee for MBBS program also attract students to pursue MBBS from Russian Universities.
- The medium of study in English as in India if you choose top universities.
- Indian food or self- cooking facility is available in most of the universities.
- Living cost in Russia considered less as compared to western and other countries.
- Russian universities for MBBS are top ranked among the world about 30 positions are occupied by the top Russian medical universities.
- The MBBS Courses in Russia having financial support by the education minister of Russia up to 50% which make it cheaper with advance level.
Pros and Cons to Study MBBS from Russia
|1. The cost of tuition is the cost. Students don’t have to pay any extra money to get admission.||1. As Russian is the local language in Russia, therefore students feel the language as a barrier (outside the campus).|
|2. Approx. all the universities are recognized by the WHO, UNESCO and other medical council in the world.||2. It is tough to apply for the right university, to secure your seat in your choice of college, visa, accommodation etc. It can be a difficult for you to manage on your own.|
|3. The aspirants can apply for scholarship from the government of Russia and the aspirants can complete their MBBS entire course free of cost.||3. The climate of the country is cold most of the time. So, the student should be prepared to brave these condition is in Russia|
|4. You can travel anywhere throughout Russia with a single visa and students receive discounts on public transportation.||4. Bilingual program (3 years in English and last 3 years in the Russian language in some of the universities).|
|5. Indian canteen is available in almost all the universities hostels.|
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Russia
All the Students are eligible for MBBS admission in Russia if:-
- Age-limit: – Student should be at least 17 years old, before 31st December of the admission year.
- Min. Qualification: – Class 12th in Science with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.
- Minimum Qualifying Percentage: – 50% in 10+2 for Unreserved, 45% for (SC/ST/OBC)
- Qualifying Entrance: – NEET
Course Duration in Russian Medical University
The duration of MBBS Courses in Russia is for six years and 1 year of the internship program which must be completed in India.
For those students who are studying MBBS in the Russian medium, the total duration will be 7 years. In the first year, the student will undergo a preparatory course to learn the Russian language before starting to do the complete course.
Study MBBS in Russia for Indian Students
Every year a large number of Indian students take admission in top medical universities of Russia. Furthermore it has become one of the most popular destinations for higher studies among the Indian students. Additionally, there is an Energetic Indian Community present in Russia, so it’s a very safe country for Indians. Russia is to make your dreams come true for English medium of medical Education. India and Russia share their strong cultural and economic connections.
The study of Indian students at Russian universities is supported financially by the Russian government by 50%. So there are no separate scholarships or grants available from individual universities. The students pay for their tuition fees 50% of actual cost of education. Furthermore, the Russian government offers such a probable environment for the thousands of foreign students to get qualified in Russian higher education at very appropriate price.
is mbbs degree from Russia Valid in India
Approximately all the government universities of Russia are approved by Medical Council of India and WHO.
Also, in case a student thinks of return and practicing in India, a qualifying test is to clear, commonly known as the MCI screening test. The professors of the Russians medical institutions are aware of the MCI regulations and the exam patterns which puts them in a convenient position to simultaneously coach the students for the screening test.
Html code here! Replace this with any non empty text and that's it.
Admission Process to Study medicine in Russia
The admission process is very effortless in Bissav Overseas Education. Only need to submit their documents. Then student can wait for 15-20 days and will get guaranteed admission in Russia for MBBS . Only one thing you have to take care is the timing of the application.
The date of applying for Admission in Russia for MBBS : June and July
Here we give the stepwise process for Russia MBBS Program:
STEP 1. Here student can apply by Online, that online application link is available on the website. Or students can download the application form the website after that have to send it with registration fee. And have to send a scanned copy of the mark sheet of your 10th, 11th and 12th, the certificate of the 12th scholar, and a copy of the passport on my email.
STEP 2. After completing step 1, you will get an admission letter in within 2 to 7 working days of your application. Now send your original documents like passport, 10th 12th mark sheet, HIV report, and 6 photographs to our head office. After that, we will process for the invitation process.
STEP 3. You will have to deposit the second installment of your processing fee. After submission of your processing fees, your visa will be issued as soon as possible within 7 to 12 working days, generally, it depends on workload of the Embassy.
STEP 4. Now, Student have own student visa, Admissions letter by the University. Now you are ready to fly to university that you always wanted for your MBBS degree. We will let you know that when other students are also ready and a group of students will fly from New Delhi to your destination country. Our managing team will inform you about exact date of the flight.
STEP 5. You have to deposit the remaining fees of processing before 5-7 days of your flight. One of the team members will go with you to the college and will be available until your classes will start.
Medium Of Instruction
- Language is one of the biggest factors for students who want to take MBBS admission in Abroad. First thing that the student should take care before take admission that the university providing 6 years course is fully English or not. Although, most of the consultants didn’t tell all the truth regarding the course. So the students face the problems after admission.
- Medical students must get assure regarding the language problem that the medical study of the university is either fully English or not before take admission in Russia.
- As a matter of fact, mostly universities are Bilingual, the three years of study are held in English and other three years in the common language and in that case, the student has to face a frightful in their carrier.
- Our goal is to provide you the fully 6 years English medium course conducting universities so that no fierce in your carrier.
Is Russia A Good Country To Study Mbbs
Yes, it is a good choice to pursue medical studies from Russia. And we can say it is a good country for study MBBS. Comparatively, it has been a favourite destination for Indian students for a long time. Russian Communities are significantly more secure. Security in public space like shopping mall, tourist destination etc. is secured by High Authority Security of Russia. on the other hand, government of Russia has always welcomed a Multicultural people.No one can even be done ragging or assaulting someone.
The degree given by Medical Universities in Russia is equal to India’s MBBS degree. Completing MBBS degree from Russia has the same value as the MBBS degree in Indian Medical Universities. Once you complete your MBBS from Russia and came back to India, then you first have to clear the screening test (FMGE).
There are around 4500 Indian studying in Russia; around 80% are medical students. It considers India as one of the most powerful ally.
Students from middle class families can also afford the expenses of their MBBS studies.
Graduate are working across the world’s leading hospitals like in India, Australia, Canada, USA, UK, and all other major parts of the world.
- The Date for Applying MBBS Admission: June and July.
- Obtaining Admission Offer: July-August, it takes 15 days to get admission letter from the university.
- Ministry Approval and Visa: August-September, total process takes 45 to 60 days.
- Course Commencement: September-October.
Career Option After Completing Mbbs In Russia
After completing MBBS from the Russian University, you can practice your medical career in Russia without qualifying any medical licencing examination.
But if you wish to practice your medical career in India, then after completing your MBBS. Although you have to qualify MCI Screening Test to attain a license for practicing your medical career in India.
You have so many options- like you can go for higher studies, i.e., post-graduation and specialize in one field of medical science and can also go for Ph.D. and research. Moreover you can also start practicing in Russia or other countries, for other countries you need to clear the concerned country’s screening test.
Guidelines For Students :
- Insurance, Medical check-up, Visa Ext. per year.
- Limited seat for International students.
- Admission is on the first come first serve basis.
- There is no one time or semi package in Russia.
- We suggest you to deposit their tuition fees yearly and only in university accounts.
- You should have good English proficiency.
- Students should have NEET pass scoring.
- Duration of the course is 6 years.
- Be aware of fraud consultants.
Mbbs In India V/s Mbbs In Russia
In India, every year countless of aspirants appear for medical entrance tests to become a doctor, but not all are able to get admitted to best medical colleges. However, MBBS from Russia does not require any entrance examination. The government of Russia has always been ahead in the field of education, specifically in medical.
Most of the private institutes have a capitation fee ranging from 15 to 20 lakhs with an annual fee of 4 to 5 lakhs. For any middle class family can’t afford but students should not lose hope, students can choose a good reputed university in Russia. Study in Russia is easy, cheap and flexible.
Donation is to be paid and admission process for MBBS is also full of trouble, however In Russia no donation is to be paid and admission process for MBBS is also trouble-free in Russian universities.
The eligibility criteria of the top medical colleges in India are very high, however In Russia the eligibility criteria of the Russian colleges is not so high for international students.
Language is not an issue but In Russia you have to learn their local language as an additional subject, which is quite difficult thing.
It concerned the main focus is on imparting practical knowledge and examination however In Russia, they focused on theoretical knowledge and less examination.
The duration of MBBS is 5 years however In Russia the duration of MBBS course is 6 years.
MBBS in Russia Hostel and Food Facilities
Hostels in Russia give exciting opportunities for Indian students to interact with foreign students and understand various cultures of other countries.
College provide comfortable accommodation with all the necessary facilities. The hostels provide cold and hot water and most of them have central heating system. Almost all the medical universities have combined hostels where boys and girls live on separate floors.
The medical universities hostels in Russia are authentic and quite safe for Indian students. All the essential safety measures are taken care by the universities for the secure stay of the students. 24×7 CCTV, police security, wardens, and guards are there in every university hostel of Russia.
Food / Mess
Applicant can choose among the low priced mess services that are located within the university hostels. University hostels generally have shared kitchen facilities to the students. Among the international students shared cooking is a popular option.
Is it safe to study MBBS in Russia?
CLIMATE IN RUSSIA
In Russia, the winter is long and very cold and the summers are very short. There is a broad range of summer and winter temperature. January temperature is in the range of degree (45 degree F). Russia is one of the cold countries. Usually the temperature is between -15 to -20 degree and sometimes heavy snowfall.
SAFETY IN RUSSIA
- Russian communities are significantly more secure. Security in public space is secured by High Authority Security in Russia.
- Foreigners must carry identification certificate like Visa, identity proof.
- In Russia, no one can even be done ragging or assaulting anyone.
- Being a foreigner, you have to keep a strategic distance from terrible sites.
- Basically, it is safe to do MBBS in Russia for a bright future in countries which are actually not in a war zone and creates a good environment for study.
- Moreover, the most of the countries are surrounded with the safe and best educational hub list with United Nation Organizations (UNO) and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organizations as the safest nation in the world for studying MBBS in Russia.
MCI / FMGE Passing Percentage In Russia
What is FMGE :
FMGE is conducted by NBE, the screening test is conducted twice in a year, in June and December as a computer based test.
FMGE Qualifying Marks :
As per the official rule of the National Board of Education, the candidates who score minimum of 50% marks in the paper of the screening test are treated qualified.
As the entire paper of FMGE is 300 marks, it is mandatory to obtain at least 150 marks to get the pass certificate from NBE.
Passing % :
The performance of Indian students, who have studied in Russian Medical Institutions, in FMGE examination for the period of 2012-2014 the passing percentage of students are 18.4% . This data is quite old, in 2017-2018 the passing percentage of the students are slightly increased in FMGE.
Frequently Asked Question
The student must have passed 12th with Physics, chemistry and Biology and English from recognized board with minimum 50% in PCB and 40% for reserved categories. And he/she must qualify NEET.
The academic year starts from 1st September in all Russian Medical University.
The universities that we suggest for you do not require entrance exam.
MBBS in Russia is a 6 years course if you select English as the medium of instruction, whereas 7 years for the students who select Russian as the medium of instruction, as per the first year for learning Russian language.
Yes, the Russian medical universities that we suggest have been accredited by WHO and UNESCO, as well as valid in all major countries of the world. There are many countries where you practice without any screening test, but in India screening test is mandatory to practice.
Of course, you can do an internship from India, once you clear the MCI screening examination conducted by NBE.
The university canteens provide all kinds of food. However some restaurants are also available which serve Indian food, bread, cookies, pastries, ice cream, canned juices.
Yes, you can easily get the government job in India, the only condition is that you must the MCI Screening Test, and then you are equal to Indian MBBS doctor.