Home MBBS in USA
MBBS in USA
In the United States, MBBS is an intelligent decision for Indian students because medical programs in the United States are valuable. Many Indian students have the dream of studying in the USA. In the United States, MBBS is more focused on practical knowledge than just a theoretical learning. The study of MBBS in the United States will be a rich experience for students with expertise, knowledge and skills gained through the course.
If someone wants to establish an extravagant medical profession anywhere in the world, then he can do MBBS in USA. Although the medical education system in the United States is completely different from most European countries, compared to Asian countries such as Russia, Ukraine, Georgia or China and the Philippines, a student has completed his PG degree in medical in the United States. , It is not necessary to give it any practice to practice in India.
In the USA, the medical degree is known as MD (Doctor of Medicine) and is not known as MBBS. The language of education for medical courses in the United States is English. In the US, medical degrees are approved by MCI, WHO, ECFMG and MCC. In the United States, MBBS has proved itself as a benchmark in the field of clinical school education.
Course Duration MBBS in USA
The duration of the MBBS course in the United States is different from the standard course period in other countries.
- In the USA, MBBS is known as MD (Doctor of Medicine).
- After completing a 4 year bachelor’s degree, a student becomes eligible as a MD.
- There is a residency program in medical colleges of the United States where students can choose their respective areas of expertise after completing MD, which is 3-4 years old.
- The residency program is nothing but a PG level program. The duration of residency program depends on the expert chosen by the student. Because it takes different time period to complete various specializations. A General Surgeon requires 5 years, while one pediaTrix requires 3 years, on the other hand a neurosurgeon requires 7 years.
- During the course years, students need to give USMLE exams 1, 2 and 3 in appropriate phases. After USMLE Exam 3, the student’s MBBS degree is completed. And therefore, the total duration of an MBBS course in the United States is between 7 to 9 years.
Eligibility Criteria- MBBS in USA
Students who want to get admission in a top medical college in the United States, students should be fit in the following eligibility criteria:
- He should get minimum 50% marks in class XII with any recognized Indian Central or State Board with biology, physics and chemistry as mandatory subjects.
- If the percentage of a particular student is less than 50% then they will have to take entrance exam.
- If the student does not have biology, physics and chemistry in the 12th standard then he will have to undergo a pre-medical year.
- Good marks in IELTS or TOEFL are essential as proof of English proficiency.