Ulyanovsk State University or Ulyanovsk State Medical University (USMU) was established in 1988. It is situated in the Ulyanovsk city of Russia. Also, it was one of the former universities of Russia to join the Bologna Process. The university is one of the largest education institutions in that region with an enrollment of over 16,000 students. Six colleges, 7 faculties and several learning centres form up the university. At present, more than 16,000 students reside and learn at USMU. This includes more than 200 international students from Asian, European and American countries. In addition to this, the university holds a lot of prominent medical experts. There are about 1300 teaching staff including more than 100 Doctors of Sciences and over 600 Candidates of Sciences.
Table of Contents
Ulyanovsk State Medical University offers various study options and numerous course specialisations. The students can opt for full-time or part-time education at the university. Apart from these, distance education programs are also available for the students. There are about 70 major and 75 post-graduate medical programs to choose from. Moreover, a number of research activities keep ongoing throughout the year. The university also carries out a lot of educational exchange programs with various countries.
USMU has approval and recognition from:
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- MCI (Medical Council of India)
- US Department of Education
- General Medical Council, Britain
- FAIMER (Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
Advantages of studying at Ulyanovsk State Medical University:
- With global recognition, the MBBS degree from this university is valid for practising medical science in any part of the world.
- Without a doubt, the students studying here receive a high-quality education from numerous teaching professionals of very high specialisations.
- In addition to this, the candidates can experience a diversified cultural environment at the university’s campus.
- It should be noted that USMU is a non-profitable educational institution. For this reason, the cost of education here is quite affordable for the Indian students.
Students seeking admission in USMU must have completed their 12th from a recognized board. An aggregate of 50% marks in PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) is a prerequisite for admission. Along with this, the students should also have fluency in English. NEET qualification is mandatory as well. Last but not least, the applicant should be more than 17 years of age at the time of admission.
Hostel and Mess Facilities:
Ulyanovsk State Medical University provides a highly-furnished accommodation facility to all its students. There are separate wings and floors for girls and boys. The students can be accommodated in a two or three bedded room based on their preference. Every floor of the hostel has a big kitchen which the students can use on a sharing basis. Free wi-fi service and round the clock cold and hot water is also available. Apart from high-end facilities, the security of students is also very high. The cost of food and lodging is comparatively low.
Indian mess is available for the Indian students. Cooks from India prepare the meals here.
Ulyanovsk State Medical Unversity Fee Structure
|Year||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year||6th Year|
|Tuition Fee in USD||4000 USD||4000 USD||4000 USD||4000 USD||4000 USD||4000 USD|
|Hostel Fee in USD||750 USD||750 USD||750 USD||750 USD||750 USD||750 USD|
|Medical Insurance Fee in USD||150-200 USD||150-200 USD||150-200 USD||150-200 USD||150-200 USD||150-200 USD|
|Total in USD||4900 USD||4900 USD||4900 USD||4900 USD||4900 USD||4900 USD|
|Total in INR ( Rupees )||3,43,000||3,43,000||3,43,000||3,43,000||3,43,000||3,43,000|
|Note: Exchange Rate (USD 1 = 70 INR)|
- Indian Food Cost: 1300$ = 91,000 INR Per Year
- One Time Cost, Processing & Air-ticket, Charges will be Extra.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The course duration of MBBS is 6 years.
The cost of food and stay in Russian medical universities is around 8000-10,000 per month.
English is the preferred mode of education in USU.
It is not at all mandatory to stay in the hostel. The students can stay in private apartments too.